Light-dark regulation of sulfate assimilation in Lemna minor L. in the presence of o-acetyl-l-serine

Brunold, Christian; Neuenschwander, Urs (1989). Light-dark regulation of sulfate assimilation in Lemna minor L. in the presence of o-acetyl-l-serine. Plant Physiology, 89(4 suppl), p. 104. American Society of Plant Physiologists

[img] Text
1989_PlantPhysiolSuppl_89_104_618.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to registered users only
Available under License Publisher holds Copyright.

Download (179kB)

The effect of light removal and addition of O-acetyl-l-serine (OAS) on sulfate assimilation in Lemna minor L. was analyzed by measuring the extractable activity of adenosine 5'-phosphosulfate sulfotransferase (APSSTase) and the in vivo incorporation of 35SO4 2-. After removal of light APSSTase activity decreased to 10% within 24 h in the absence and to 50% in the presence of OAS. Within 24 h total 35SO4 2- uptake decreased to 60% without and increased to 130% with OAS compared to light controls. The incorporation of 35S into cysteine increased 2 times without and 15 times with OAS, labelling of glutathione decreased to 65% and increased to 140%, the one of the protein fraction decreased to 30% and to 20% of the light control in the absence and presence of OAS. Our results indicate that OAS has a regulatory function on the assimilation of sulfate and that protein synthesis is inhibited in the dark

Item Type:

Conference or Workshop Item (Poster)

Division/Institute:

08 Faculty of Science > Department of Biology > Institute of Plant Sciences (IPS) > Stress Physiology [discontinued]
08 Faculty of Science > Department of Biology > Institute of Plant Sciences (IPS)

UniBE Contributor:

Brunold, Christian

Subjects:

500 Science > 580 Plants (Botany)

ISSN:

0032-0889

Publisher:

American Society of Plant Physiologists

Language:

English

Submitter:

Peter Alfred von Ballmoos-Haas

Date Deposited:

25 Jul 2018 13:36

Last Modified:

21 Nov 2019 00:40

BORIS DOI:

10.7892/boris.118952

URI:

https://boris.unibe.ch/id/eprint/118952

Actions (login required)

Edit item Edit item
Provide Feedback